I am reaching out today because I am desperate for your support. As you know, I have been fighting on behalf of bully breeds since the early 2000's. I stood on the steps of the California State House to ensure breed ban legislation would not impact our beloved bully breeds and nearly 11 years later, it's still an issue of debate.
Montreal has just passed one of the most dangerous, life-threatening breed ban legislation we've seen. States across America are still considering voting on similar legislation. Despite the positive press and hard work myself and others have put in to show that the problem is not with the dog, but rather the "owner".
I am beside myself with grief and frustration that I have not been able to dedicate the time necessary to continue with this fight, because I've been deep in the trenches of California's pet overpopulation crisis. And it is a crisis. Thousands of animals die in California shelters each week.
So, I am calling on YOU, our faithful LBWF family, because our small team may be mighty, but it's not enough anymore! We need to expand across the state, the nation, and across the borders with our message.
It starts with EDUCATION!
Why BSL (Breed Specific Legislation) does NOT work! • It's not financially sound as it often ties up community resources while cases are determined
• Many folks cannot properly identify the breed in question
• Any dog (or companion animal for that matter) can bite
• It has NO scientific basis
• It's not supported by the following organizations: American Bar Association, American Kennel Club, American Veterinary Medical Association, American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, National Animal Control, Association, National Canine Research Council, The Obama Administration, State Farm Insurance, The US Department of Justice
We also need more education on: • The importance and necessity of spaying and neutering, so we can end pet overpopulation • Ending puppy mills once and for all, so we can end the senseless suffering of mama dogs whose feet often times never touch the ground
• The importance of micro-chipping, so beloved pets can return home
• The importance of vaccinations, so we can eradicate diseases like parvo that leave innocent puppies suffering
• Updating our licensing laws so that pet "owners" are held responsible for their animal's actions, not the animal.
• Updating pet "ownership" laws - we are pet guardians, meant to serve and protect are beloved companion animals
We need your financial contributions now more than ever, so we can expand our programming and really dive into the key points listed above.
Be a voice in your community. Use social media to spread the message about the important aforementioned topics. Support your local shelters and rescues. They need you just as much as we do! And, donate today so we can expand our efforts!
Together we CAN make a difference.
With much love and gratitude,
Founder and President
Click here to receive the deal: https://www.nzymes.com/news/nzymes-christmas-specials 2 Great Offers – 3 Good Reasons for this Season!! The holidays are here, and we want this Christmas to be the best ever! What better way to celebrate than to give the gift of Nzymes to your Family, Friends or even Yourself? This year, we Click here to read more–>
This is the last week to get your Odie & Board Rescue Ornaments for Christmas Delivery! They’re running a Buy 3, Get 1 Free promo offer through Friday! Please select “CA – Linda Blair Worldheart Foundation – Toluca Lake” at checkout and we’ll receive $5 for each ornament purchased!
Hi everyone. There is an exciting donation program through Amazon you may not be aware of. It’s called Amazon Smile. By using the link we’ve provided, while just doing your normal Amazon shopping, you can help the Linda Blair WorldHeart Foundation immensely. It will not cost you anything extra at all, and Amazon will donate Click here to read more–>
Hurry, hurry, hurry! Our Limited Edition T-Shirt & Hoodie Fundraiser, benefiting the rescued dogs at LBWF ends on December 3rd! Get your dog lover this one-of-a-kind holiday gift! Please help us to reach our goal of 150 shirts sold. Available until December 3, 2017. Order today by clicking the link: https://www.customink.com/fundraising/lbwf-2017
Please join LBWF at our first annual Hoppy Howlidays fundraiser for the rescued dogs on Saturday, December 2nd from 12pm-6pm. Hosted by Yorkshire Square Brewery. 1109 Van Ness Ave, Torrance, CA. Rain or Shine!!!