Looking to adopt one of our friends? Here’s what you need to know…
You can only imagine what many of our furry, four-legged friends have faced in their lifetimes. With that in mind, we’ve created an adoption process that will ensure a smooth & safe transition from our sanctuary to your family. Our number one priority is to make sure our friends go to the best forever home possible.
While you may not fully understand the reasoning behind every aspect our process, we hope that you will support, respect and appreciate that every step is a necessary one. Here’s the step-by-step process we have created:
- Meet our Friends – you’re welcome to visit our sanctuary or attend one of our mobile adoption events
- Complete the adoption application in its entirety
- Participate in a home visit and reference check – because the preliminary home visit requirement, only applications from those in Southern California are considered at this time
- If you have a dog already, a meet & greet between your current dog and the dog you wish to adopt is required to ensure the development of a happy and harmonious union
- A signed adoption agreement is required before adoption can be finalized
- A tax-deductible donation to the foundation is a prerequisite of adoption and facilitates our ability to continue providing the best possible care, love and lifestyle for the furry friends that call our sanctuary home until they have their own forever home
We strive to find the perfect forever home for each member of our Linda Blair WorldHeart Foundation family. That said, the adoption process is not approached on a first come, first served basis. All applications are thoroughly and exhaustively reviewed in order to find the best possible home for our furry friends. Our decisions are based solely on finding the optimal environment for each one of our rescued friends.
Our rescues are friends for life. While it certainly isn’t a requirement, we’d love for you to keep us up to date on how the latest addition to your family is doing. Pictures are great, but visits are even better! Upon completion of the adoption process you will be considered Friends of the Foundation and that friendship isn’t something we take for granted. We will keep in touch with you with periodic newsletters and updates on important LBWHF events. And we hope you’ll do the same!
Now that you’re up to speed on the adoption process, take a look at our available dogs to find your new forever friend!