I am reaching out today because I am desperate for your support. As you know, I have been fighting on behalf of bully breeds since the early 2000's. I stood on the steps of the California State House to ensure breed ban legislation would not impact our beloved bully breeds and nearly 11 years later, it's still an issue of debate.
Montreal has just passed one of the most dangerous, life-threatening breed ban legislation we've seen. States across America are still considering voting on similar legislation. Despite the positive press and hard work myself and others have put in to show that the problem is not with the dog, but rather the "owner".
I am beside myself with grief and frustration that I have not been able to dedicate the time necessary to continue with this fight, because I've been deep in the trenches of California's pet overpopulation crisis. And it is a crisis. Thousands of animals die in California shelters each week.
So, I am calling on YOU, our faithful LBWF family, because our small team may be mighty, but it's not enough anymore! We need to expand across the state, the nation, and across the borders with our message.
It starts with EDUCATION!
Why BSL (Breed Specific Legislation) does NOT work! • It's not financially sound as it often ties up community resources while cases are determined
• Many folks cannot properly identify the breed in question
• Any dog (or companion animal for that matter) can bite
• It has NO scientific basis
• It's not supported by the following organizations: American Bar Association, American Kennel Club, American Veterinary Medical Association, American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, National Animal Control, Association, National Canine Research Council, The Obama Administration, State Farm Insurance, The US Department of Justice
We also need more education on: • The importance and necessity of spaying and neutering, so we can end pet overpopulation • Ending puppy mills once and for all, so we can end the senseless suffering of mama dogs whose feet often times never touch the ground
• The importance of micro-chipping, so beloved pets can return home
• The importance of vaccinations, so we can eradicate diseases like parvo that leave innocent puppies suffering
• Updating our licensing laws so that pet "owners" are held responsible for their animal's actions, not the animal.
• Updating pet "ownership" laws - we are pet guardians, meant to serve and protect are beloved companion animals
We need your financial contributions now more than ever, so we can expand our programming and really dive into the key points listed above.
Be a voice in your community. Use social media to spread the message about the important aforementioned topics. Support your local shelters and rescues. They need you just as much as we do! And, donate today so we can expand our efforts!
Together we CAN make a difference.
With much love and gratitude,
Founder and President
Happy Pets in Valencia Come celebrate the 2 year anniversary of Happy Pets’ opening! We’ll be there with plenty of available doggies for adoption. The event is from 10-3 so be sure to stop by! Happy Pets is located at 27550 Newhall Ranch Rd., Valencia, CA. For more information call (661)-295-9972.
Dear Friends of the Foundation, We regret to inform you that we will not be attending the event at Castaic Lake on Saturday, April 18th after all. The event starts very early in the morning and it’s just not possible for us to get off the ground and running with all the dogs in tow Click here to read more–>
Hi Everyone! We hope you are enjoying the new site! Be sure to check back often as we are constantly updating. Stop by the Happy Tails to see some pictures of our recently adopted friends in their new homes! And of course don’t forget to check out the wonderful pups who are still searching for Click here to read more–>
Dear LBWF Friends, Welcome to the new home of the Linda Blair WorldHeart Foundation on the web! We are very excited to have this new site launched so that we can keep you up to date on all the LBWF happenings! We have lots of great doggies for adoption, Happy Tails of those who have Click here to read more–>