I am reaching out today because I am desperate for your support. As you know, I have been fighting on behalf of bully breeds since the early 2000's. I stood on the steps of the California State House to ensure breed ban legislation would not impact our beloved bully breeds and nearly 11 years later, it's still an issue of debate.
Montreal has just passed one of the most dangerous, life-threatening breed ban legislation we've seen. States across America are still considering voting on similar legislation. Despite the positive press and hard work myself and others have put in to show that the problem is not with the dog, but rather the "owner".
I am beside myself with grief and frustration that I have not been able to dedicate the time necessary to continue with this fight, because I've been deep in the trenches of California's pet overpopulation crisis. And it is a crisis. Thousands of animals die in California shelters each week.
So, I am calling on YOU, our faithful LBWF family, because our small team may be mighty, but it's not enough anymore! We need to expand across the state, the nation, and across the borders with our message.
It starts with EDUCATION!
Why BSL (Breed Specific Legislation) does NOT work! • It's not financially sound as it often ties up community resources while cases are determined
• Many folks cannot properly identify the breed in question
• Any dog (or companion animal for that matter) can bite
• It has NO scientific basis
• It's not supported by the following organizations: American Bar Association, American Kennel Club, American Veterinary Medical Association, American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, National Animal Control, Association, National Canine Research Council, The Obama Administration, State Farm Insurance, The US Department of Justice
We also need more education on: • The importance and necessity of spaying and neutering, so we can end pet overpopulation
• Ending puppy mills once and for all, so we can end the senseless suffering of mama dogs whose feet often times never touch the ground
• The importance of micro-chipping, so beloved pets can return home
• The importance of vaccinations, so we can eradicate diseases like parvo that leave innocent puppies suffering
• Updating our licensing laws so that pet "owners" are held responsible for their animal's actions, not the animal.
• Updating pet "ownership" laws - we are pet guardians, meant to serve and protect are beloved companion animals
We need your financial contributions now more than ever, so we can expand our programming and really dive into the key points listed above.
Be a voice in your community. Use social media to spread the message about the important aforementioned topics. Support your local shelters and rescues. They need you just as much as we do! And, donate today so we can expand our efforts!
Together we CAN make a difference.
With much love and gratitude,
Founder and President
We here at the Linda Blair WorldHeart Foundation want to make you aware of another serious threat to your family – Rattlesnakes! A very dear friend of LBWF was out on a hiking trail this past weekend and sweet Maggie was chasing a squirrel along the path. She followed it into a bush and was Click here to read more–>
Pet Care can be extremely expensive here’s some easy helpful hints that can give your fury loved ones what they deserve. Use Your Mobile Device to Shop Smarter Not Harder Use your smart phone! Applications such as Pet Care Services for your iPhone can help you not just find what dog parks are near you Click here to read more–>
Front Row Features | Pacific Rim Video (KKFX Santa Barbara) correspondent Chris Trondsen talks to Linda Blair during the red carpet arrivals of Fox’s “The All Star Dog Rescue Celebration” held at the Barker Hanger in Santa Monica, CA on Saturday, November 21, 2015.
“Urgent news!!! 2013 ~The government let New Mexico reopened up horse slaughter plant” Tell the government NO- these magnificent animals are not to be slaughtered for human consumption or otherwise! I grew up with all animals and horses. I dreamed, lived and loved them through the years! They taught me to be strong and get Click here to read more–>
It’s The Sopranos meets Marley & Me when a volatile, chronically ticked-off writer struggles to help an abused, timid, big-hearted shelter dog. When the last of their aged 4-legged animal “kids” passes away, Lou Spirito and his wife go looking for a rescue dog. Although he insists that he’s open to any dog in need, Lou Click here to read more–>
We here at the Linda Blair WorldHeart Foundation urge you to read this information in its entirety for the safety of your family this Spring and Summer. We are seeing a dramatic and rapid increase in the number of fleas & ticks this season and it has only just begun. We are so grateful for Click here to read more–>